skip to content

Knowledge Base

Where can I get help filling out my incorporation and tax-exempt 501(c)(3) paperwork?

Forming a nonprofit includes filling out many legal documents, including, but not limited to, your state's incorporation paperwork and the Internal Revenue Service's Form 1023. While these forms can be filled out by us regular folks, you might consider hiring an experienced attorney or accountant to fill out the forms for you, or at least look them over before you submit them.

If you cannot afford to hire an attorney or accountant, you may want to look into these alternative ways to get free or low-cost help with filling out your startup forms:

If you choose to fill out the forms yourself, we recommend these books, widely available at libraries and booksellers:

See also our Nonprofit Startup Resources by State for state-specific checklists and guides.

Web Sites

* indicates staff pick

Rate Content

You don't have access to rate this page.

Log in or create a user account to rate this page.

Average Rating (0 votes cast):
  • Currently 0 out of 5 Stars.

Thank you for rating!

You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!

Your rating has been changed, thanks for rating!